Timeless

Friday 23 May 2008

Sometimes things do not go as planned....



.....and sometimes, that's a good thing!

When I started this painting I had no idea what I was doing. I just did the background and was very happy with how that turned out. I used several layers of different shades of pink, lots of gesso in between, and I just really liked how it looked. But then I had to decide what to actually do with it...

I noticed a colour different on the side, and that inspired me to do a figure peeking from one side, so you'd only see half of her face. So I decided to do a sad angel, with dark eyes and dark hair. A moody kind of painting, for a change.

But no, the painting decided it did not want to be moody. It wanted purple eyes, and lots of butterflies that I had to cut out of a book I picked up at the car boot the other week.....

So all of a sudden there she was, Butterfly Girl! Not planned, but I'm very happy the way she just 'happened'.

To see more pictures of her and read more about her, please go to my Etsy shop.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger serendipity said...

wow , compliments love the colours on this.
so now your an adopted essex girl !!!! I'm from london east side but living in Italy and a suzi blu lover too.
had to miss out on the tv thing last night due to buffering and the chat was way too late for me.
ciao
joan craft in italy

25 May 2008 at 06:34  
Blogger Eveline said...

I'm becoming more and more of an Essex girl I'm afraid, I blame the company I keep. No white stiletto's though. ;)

25 May 2008 at 17:25  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you let her happen -- she's really cute!

30 May 2008 at 17:08  
Blogger Wyanne Thompson said...

She's so beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog. The alcohol drops are just from regular rubbing alcohol from the drugstore. Nothing special. Any alcohol will work. Just drop it on your canvas or paper with the end of a brush to make the drops. Hope that helps some. Love, Wyanne

3 June 2008 at 12:02  
Blogger Eveline said...

Thank you so much Wyanne! I love watching your videos (I'm very tempted to try and do videos myself) and the alcohol drops make such a great effect!

Rubbing alcohol. Must keep that in mind.

4 June 2008 at 06:53  
Blogger Julie Ayotte said...

Hi, Eveline!

I really like this painting. Especially the lovely pinky, purply colors. And the butterflies. :)

~Julie

12 June 2008 at 18:13  
Blogger suzi blu said...

Isnt it interesting, the way a painting goes like that. rarely do my paintings end up in the direction they started out when they were sketches. And I try not to judge that as for better or worse (anymore). sketches are sketches and paintings take on a life of their own. they are very real beings and want to do different things.

I like too how you wrote about the journey you go through when you follow a painting thru to its end (or its point of stopping, you could always add more). How many emotions you pass through before getting to the otherside, how many colors and moods, THAT is why it is all worth it and that will give your work depth the more you keep up with it.

<3
suzee

14 June 2008 at 06:50  
Blogger Wyanne Thompson said...

Like the painting and finally had a chance to find you and your blog. Thanks for the nice comments on mine.

Btw- RE: alcohol drops for both artists and non-artists - (your question on my blog) - I use simple rubbing or 70% isopropyl alcohol. Inexpensive and widely available.

Love,
Wyanne

23 June 2008 at 11:23  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from eveline.timeless. Make your own badge here.