Timeless

Sunday 30 November 2008

I did it!



This year, like every year, I told myself that this was the year I was going to actually finish the story, but it proved to be difficult. I did not like my story one bit. But funny enough, I think that helped me. Instead of rushing through it, giving myself a writer's burn out by the end of the month, I paced myself. Every day was a struggle to get words on paper, which meant that I thought more about where to go and what my characters would be up to next. There were still a few surprises along the way, but no elaborate ones like the years before when the story went completely off one end and it took me at least two days to get it back to where I wanted it. Great for word count, but not so great to keep the story going.

Anyyywayyy...

Last night, just after midnight and with little under 24 hours to go, I finished my story. Finished it. It's crap, the end seems rushed, but that's beside the point. I finished the story, and did it in 51005 words.

I did it and I'm soooo proud!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs.Kwitty said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations...that is quite an undertaking!
Smiles, Karen

30 November 2008 at 10:10  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations, and thank you! I have a hard time finishing anything, let alone a creative project, your blog has been inspirational this month.

2 December 2008 at 23:04  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from eveline.timeless. Make your own badge here.