Timeless

Friday 21 November 2008

Nanowrimo

Just ten more writing days, people. Can you believe it? Just ten more!

Nanowrimo has not been that great for me this year. I have already had 3 days of no writing at all, and I am not in love with my story. Every day I sit down to write feels like a chore, and it shouldn't. But I can't help it. My story sucks, and I'm trying to change it bit by bit every day to try and turn it into something I might end up falling in love with, but so far, no luck.

But... and this is the strange part... I think this is why it is going so 'well'. Well in the sense that I have already reached the 50,000 words, like previous years. Well in the sense that I am pacing myself, taking the time to think about what I am writing, planning more as I go along. I am hopeful that this year, my actual story will be finished by the time I reach the 50,000 or maybe it will just take a few hundred more words, not a ten or twenty thousand more.

There have not been any crazy detours, no tricks to boost up my word count, nothing like that. And now that I am working on the laptop rather than the main PC, I can lean back in the pillows instead of sitting on a stool that is slightly too high for the desk, leaving me with major back pains.

It's all good. I will survive Nanowrimo, and the story will too for a change. Just ten more days!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from eveline.timeless. Make your own badge here.