Timeless

Saturday 18 October 2008

Nanowrimo

Two weeks from now, November madness, otherwise known as Nanowrimo, starts again.

Nanowrimo stands for (inter-)NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth, and the objective is to write a 50,000 word novel in just 30 days!

Sounds crazy? Oh yes! Sounds fun? Absolutely!

This will be my 5th year of doing Nanowrimo, and I've reached that goal ('won Nanowrimo', as everyone who reaches the goal is a winner in Nanowrimo's book) every time, even before the month was over. I don't have much problems writing 50,000 words that don't even make sense half the time, no, it's finishing the actual story that's my problem. I write way more than the daily target, burning myself out completely by the end of the goal, so I don't even look back at the story.... I tell myself every year that this will be the year I actually finish it, but.. oh well.... But let's not go on and on about it, right?

Why would any sane person want to do this? Because you always wanted to write a novel, but never got round to it. Because you like to challenge yourself. Because although writing is a lonely job to do, having a forum with people doing the exact same thing at the exact same time will keep you going. Because you like competing, even though that's not the main goal of Nanowrimo. Because you're mad about writing. Because you're mad, period.

Come and join Nanowrimo, and look me up. I'm Eveline_uk on there. See you in November!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Willow's World & Willow's Wool said...

that sounds really coll, im going to look into it.

20 October 2008 at 03:26  
Blogger Eveline said...

Yay! You really should sign up, Jennifer! 1667 words a day sounds an awful lot, but if you break it down in a few writing sessions a day it's doable.

20 October 2008 at 05:51  
Blogger Mary Richmond said...

this is awesome! i will be doing this too, for the first time this year!

25 October 2008 at 04:23  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from eveline.timeless. Make your own badge here.