Timeless

Sunday 20 April 2008

Inspiration



When my youngest sister, who turned 27 this week, was a lot younger, she used to drive us mad by telling us she wasn't C., but a cherry fairy.

At first we thought it was a cute story she made up, but every day it became more and more detailed. When out walking the dog she would point to the trees. 'I was here last night, with my fairy friends.' When my mum would smile at her, and softly tell her that she was in her bed last night, my sister would get upset. She was a real fairy! She was there last night!

She would pick up the phone telling whoever it was that she was a cherry fairy. When we went somewhere where kids could have their face painted, she wanted to be a cherry fairy.

She grew out of it, though right before graduating as an English teacher she did write her dissertation on witchcraft and fairies in the works of Shakespeare.

This mixed media work is inspired by my sister. This girl told everyone she is a fairy too. And you know what, I believe her!

It is an original on a 5.9" or 15 cm square wooden tile. It is done in acrylics, water pencil and water colours. I've used acrylic paper, book pages, gesso, loose glitter and glitter glue.

Tell me what inspires you, I'd love to hear your personal stories.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Home Of The Gumbles said...

Beautiful!! And really, aren't we all cherry fairies at heart? Gorgeous artwork and a lovely story too!

20 April 2008 at 15:31  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful story! I have always loved fairies and I am sure that somewhere your sister and I may have met. (late at night when all good fairies should be in bed lol!)

20 April 2008 at 15:35  
Blogger P.S. Original said...

Wonderful blog, amazing how many of us are ispired by family!

20 April 2008 at 15:35  
Blogger Kylie Bowers said...

Oh wow love the new paiting

20 April 2008 at 15:56  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love the story and the tile, you do lovely work.
(my kids still love their egg cups)

20 April 2008 at 16:45  
Blogger Eveline said...

Thank you all so much.

Sharon, glad to hear your children still like the eggcups!

20 April 2008 at 17:11  
Blogger Hey Harriet said...

That's a gorgeous painting! Great story about the inspiration :)

21 April 2008 at 05:50  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from eveline.timeless. Make your own badge here.