Timeless

Saturday 5 January 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone has had a great night, and still has all of their 10 fingers. Fireworks can be nasty, you know.

My New Year's resolution is to learn to knit! Oh, and crochet, as well.

My parents got me Stitch 'n Bitch and the Happy Hooker and I am already addicted to both books.

Yesterday I actually managed to purl, which is a baby step to some, but a huge one to me. I had tried before but never got the hang of it. Last night I did some stockinette, and some rows of knitting and then some rows of purling. Because I knitted and purled uneven rows I ended up with 'bumps' on both sides, but who cares, I'm purling. Yay me!

The crocheting is going well, too. I've already managed the slip stitch if you're American or the single crochet if you're a Brit, and the single crochet if you're American or the double crochet if you're a Brit. I had no idea that it might be so confusing, but there you go. Something I need to keep an eye on if I ever want to crochet from a pattern I guess. Oh, and then of course there's the Dutch terms, which I know I've heard before, but I have no idea what stitch is meant by which term. Maybe I should write my own little dictionary, from Dutch to British to American and back again....

What are your creative resolutions for this year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from eveline.timeless. Make your own badge here.