Timeless

Sunday 26 August 2007

Walking stick






This weekend we went to a party two of our friends hosted to celebrate their new home as well as her 30th birthday. And because she now occasionally has to use a walking stick, I asked her boyfriend whether or not she would appreciate me hand painting one for her. He said he thought she would... Hmmm... Not really the answer I was looking for...

I painted the stick I found at a car boot sale in deep purple, used lotssss of glitter and painted runes on it symbolizing strength, movement, finding balance and protection, all which I thought was very fitting.

I was a bit nervous when we drove up to their brand new home, but thankfully she thought the stick was 'ace' and when she asked me where I got it and I told her I hand painted it she thought it was even more 'ace'. I was so relieved, as it could be a bit of a sore point (in which case I would've blamed the boyfriend, of course!)


You've heard it all before: the pictures do not do the stick justice. The purple is much more deep purple, the glitter is blinding and the runes really stand out.

If you're interested in a hand painted walking stick, please get in touch with me via the comments on this blog, of Timeless, my Etsy shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from eveline.timeless. Make your own badge here.